Victoria Miniatures is an Australian tabletop model company run mostly by just one person, Victoria Lamb, and as opposed to the deluge of companies making space marine parts, caters almost exclusively to the Imperial Guard. In particular, Lamb produces models and parts to proxy for some of the more obscure but characterful regiments that GW have effectively forgotten about (but all given some admittedly well done not-40k lore for extra insurance against GW’s lawyer vultures), as well as parts for female guardsmen that actually look realistic and sensible instead of looking like they belong on a Playboy-40k magazine cover.
Victoria Miniatures is also responsible for making the Monty Python Inquisitor miniatures, and is one of only two companies (the other being Zinge Industries) that makes a full tire conversion kit for the Imperial Guard Taurox, which is practically a must-have if you have any interest at all in making your trukk-tanks look respectable.
Victoria has also started to get into the vehicles scene with their upcoming Matilda tanks, modeled on the WWII British Matilda tank, and specifically made to count as as Leman Russ, complete with optional sponsons and all the Russ' gun options.
Obviously, most Games Workshop stores won't allow you to play with them, but most FLGS will, especially if the models are for a regiment that GW doesn't even sell anymore, like the Valhallans.
Imperial Guard Regiment ProxiesEdit
- Cadian Shock Troops - Arcadian Guard. If you want some different-looking Cadians, the Arcadians don't look half bad.
- Praetorian Guard - Victorian Guard
- Mordian Iron Guard - Tannenburg Fusiliers
- Tanith First (And Only) - Border World Rangers
- Drookian Fen Guard - Highland Guard. They even have their own bagpipes!
- The Last Chancers - Penal Guard
- Beastmen (Yes, technically beastmen are part of 40k) - Broolian Beastmen
- Tanith First (And Only) (again) or Catachan Jungle Fighters -Van Diemans World Devils
- Death Korps of Krieg -Hexenheim Storm Troopers
- Valhallan Ice Warriors -Svargan Shock Soldats
- Tallarn Desert Raiders -Desert Scorpions
- Female heads, and female bodies for Cadians and Mordians
- Taurox four-wheel conversion
- Rough riders- The conversion bits are designed with Praetorians in mind and don't come with horses, but they'll work for any other units so long as you have the head and torso.
- Alternate versions of standard IG weapons; lasguns, plasma, melta, flamer, etc.
- Chainaxes and Chainswords (including two-handed Eviscerators - now no longer exclusive to Sisters Repentia squads!)
- Arbite-style Power Mauls
- Various miscellaneous accessories, such as capes, shields, armor, backpacks, scopes, even goggles.
- Heavy Plasma Cannon replacement for the Imperial Knight's shoulder-mounted Heavy Stubber
| Anvil Industry - Avatars Of War - Blood and Skulls Industry - Brother Vinni - ChapterHouse Studios |
Fantasy Flight Games - Fireforge Games - Freebooter's Fate - Games Workshop - Hasbro - Kromlech
Mad Robot Miniatures - Mantic Games - Plast Craft Games - Privateer Press
Ral Partha - Reaper Miniatures - Shieldwolf Miniatures - Spartan Games
Victoria Miniatures - Victrix -WizKids - Zealot Miniatures - Zenit Miniatures - Warlord Games