- The Burning One Addressing his Fiery Message
Like all other C'tan, the Burning One was shattered into a billion pieces and used as Pokemon by the Necron forces. Hell, a shard of Nyadra'zatha was later discovered by Trazyn the Infinite on the world of Midgardia (Don't ask how a shard landed on one of the planets of the Fenris systems). Of course in order to get there Trollzyn needed to fight off the Space Furries in order to get to his collection. In the ensuing battle, Trazyn raided the world and was able to acquire the shard. You could say that the Burning One would be the C'tan equivalent of Charizard, if said charizard had the power to almost literally shrug of a bombardment from and then proceed to crack open and cook from the inside, a tyranid hierophant with its bare, godly hands... and if it was the case it would explain why Trollzyn was so eager to get his hands on one.
Recently had his own rules in both Champions of Fenris and Shield of Baal: Exterminatus. All his attacks have Soul Blaze and has a special power of S5 AP4 assault 2D6 ignores cover soul blaze and the special rule Wall of Fire which means all the attacks auto-hit including flyers and models blocked by line of sight.
These were for special missions however and not a special character that any army could take. Instead there is a formation in Exterminatus to represent the Burning One, which is squad consisting of a single shard and two Crypteks, where the whole unit uses the Toughness of the Shard and it also gets Feel No Pain. Despite its name, the formation could easily apply to any other C'Tan as well. Although in all honesty it would have made more sense to just create a new model for Nyadra'zatha instead.
Custom Rules (8th Ed)Edit
This unit contains 1 C'tan Shard of the Burning One (Power Rating 12). Only one of this model may be included in your army.
|C'tan Shard of the Burning One||8"||2+||2+||7||7||8||4||10||4+||240|
- Fire Whips:
Weapon Range Type S AP D Abilities Fire Whips (Flame Burst) 12" Assault 2D6 5 -2 1 This weapon automatically hits its target. Fire Whips (Solar Flare) 18" Assault 1 10 -5 D6 If this target is within half range of this weapon, roll two dice when inflicting damage with it and discard the lowest result. Fire Whips Melee Melee User -4 D6 When inflicting damage, roll two dice and discard the lowest result.
- Enslaved Star God
- Fire Body: This model is unaffected by all weapons that have flame, heat, inferno, volcano or melta in their name.
- No Escape From The Flames: This model may target units that are not visible to him. In addition, units attacked by this model do not gain any bonus to their saving throws for being in cover.
- Powers of the C'tan: This model knows the Cosmic Fire and another one power from the Powers of the C'tan. It can use one of its powers at the end of each of its Movement phases.
- Reality Unravels
- Faction:C'tan Shards, Necrons
- Elites, Monster, C'tan Shard of the Burning One, Character, Fly