MidHammer 40,000: Characters
To go back to the main page go here
Though the tides of war and despair churn ever onwards, and men are little more than cogs in the machine of war, there are some of those who by their bravery, courage, or vile character dare to roar against fate.
Imperium of ManEdit
The Emperor and His SonsEdit
- Marneus "Voyage of Talassar" Calgar
- Spiritual Liege of Espandor
- Proof that politics can provide capable leaders, Marneus Calgar was born on the Maccragge Migrant Fleet, of House "Voyage of Talassar." Upon his selection to Spiritual Liege of Espandor, he sanctioned the Crusade for Maccragge.
- Kharn the Betrayer
- Kharn had followed his genefather through everything, when Angron butchered his own legion, it was Kharn who calmed him down. When Angron insisted that all of his legion implant themselves with the Butcher's nails, it was Kharn who convinced them. Kharn gave his father everything, and yet he never got any closer. Angron still treated them like usurpers to the gladiators he knew on Nucreria.
- When Angron followed Lotara down the path of Nurgle and had his butcher's nails removed, it was the last straw. All that they had given for their primarch was in vain. The fact that Angron abandoned Marcien and many other World eaters on Maccragge only cemented his descision. Kharn and many of the World eater's legion abandoned Angron. Escaping to The White Scars flagship in the midst of a heated naval battle.
- Even into the 41st Mellinum, Kharn serves the Imperium, helping to defend it against the threat of the Tyrranids Ultima Segmentum. Unlike many of the World Eaters, he refused to have his butcher's nails removed. Keeping them as a sign of his folly. He and his fellow betrayed lead the Consumed, a penitent space marine legion that fights against the tyranids hoping for death.
- Cam Duke Clemmons
- Born M39
- Chapter Master of The Fortunate Sons Chapter. He hopes to redeem his chapter in the eyes of his father Vulkan through "The March to Cadia," a penitent crusade in which the Chapter will burn its way through T'au Space in the Ultima Segmentum to Reach Chaos held Cadia at the other end of the Galaxy.
- Truong HungDao
- Born M37
- Died M38
- Celebrated founder of The Lotus Hearts chapter. The mythical founder was a Librarius of The Knights of St Aeonid, who repelled the T'au horde and their Attilan protectorates from Assam Bay. The leader is a fervent believer in the use of Mystic power and a engaging the T'au with both honorable mercy and surgical ruthlessness.
- Lotara Sarrin
- Former Flag officer
- Born M30
- Died M30 (ascended)
- One of the Youngest flag captains of the Imperial Navy, Lotara Sarrin had a promising future in the Imperial Navy. She was ultimately led down the dark path for the love for the broken Primarch, Angron. Somehow learning that Angrons butcher's nails were going to kill him, She makes a deal with the Chaos god, Nurgle, to convince Angron to join him. Her execution prompted Angron to action, and now both she and Angron are together in the warp.
High Lords of TerraEdit
- Justinian "The Butcher" Vendee
- Controversial Lord Gulliman
- Born M35
- Died M37
- Was Chapter Master of The Red Angels prior to his selection to Lord Gulliman, head chapter master for The Codex Astartes. His reign oversaw the Great T'au Revolt as well as the First, Second, and Third Great Expansions. He is responsible for what Historians now refer to as "The T'au Founding" where chapter founding standards were loosened in order to fortify the Ultima Segmentum. Some argue that his actions were necessary in buying the Imperium more time, others believe that the subsequent Ultima revolts, Breakdown of Mechanicus-Imperium relations, as well as the influx of Chaos Space Marines were the result of his brashness and lack of discretion.
The Fractious but proud Land of Ultramar is home to many valliant heroes, fighting for country, emperor and the queen mother.
- Cato Sicarius
- Cato Sicarius was a famed Gent D'Arms Whose prowess in the art of dueling was unrivaled even among the Astartes. In his most famous escapade was his involvement in the defeat of Etherial and Great T'au Va Leader Puretide, preemptively ending the era of T'au Expansion, and forcing the Tau'Va Imperium into decades of internal conflict, and civil war. Proud, and hubristic, The Great Cato Sicarius' effort to become an Ultramarine saw his humiliation in what was seen by many as a personal chastisement by the queen mother, and forced to undergo a penitent crusade. He ultimately died defending A planet from a Yndarri incursion and was ascended to Sainthood by the Aurelian.
- Dumarsais Michelet
- Grottolier Supervisor who led the successful expidition to recover the Relics of St Aeonid Thiel. Became a Charismateur of the Aurelian.
The Aurelian Cult Is one of the largest unofficial institutions in the Imperium. Being technically independent of both Ultramar and The Imperium.
- Goge Vandie
- A controversial figure, this Humble Ecclesiarch and former Merikanologist came to power and brought some of his stranger ideas with him. His teachings that anyone could become a god racked the Aurelian Cult with scandal. But it was his ousting that brought more controversy, as he was replaced by the hated Sebastian Thor.
- Sebastian Thor
- Abbess Themaeux Gaugre
- Avilla Ordinata
- Renette Calixte
- Marneus Calgar
- Ezechial Carmalau
- Chapter Master of The Knights of St Aeonid and Spiritual Liege of Calth. His call for the retrieval of the bones of St Thiel indirectly led to the creation of The Famed "Grottoliers of Calth"
Demons of ChaosEdit
Demons of MalalEdit
- Corvus Corax
- The Great Raven of destruction, Corvus travelled into the warp to find Mortarion, what he found instead was madness. Some part of him still believes that he is serving his father by doing whatever it takes to destroy the warp. If he has to destroy the Imperium as well, so be it.
Demons of KhornEdit
Demons of SlaaneshEdit
Demons of TzeentchEdit
Demons of NurgleEdit
- Wife of Angron, demonette of Nurgle
- Ascended: M30
- Slender, wispy like woman made up of various decomposers (Moss, worms, mushrooms, algae, coral)
- Once she was known as Lotarra Sarin, a flag officer of the Imperial Navy, but that was before she risked it all to save the one she loved. In a sense she succeeded, both she and her beloved ascended together to demonhood of Nurgle. She now joins her husband in exacting the Rotfather's will against the heartless imperial machine that ruined them both.
- The Gladiators
- Ascended M30
- In a former life they were Angron's companions and first true family, before the Emperor took Angron from them and left them to die. As a gift to his favored Champion, Nurgle resurrected their souls from the Warp and gave them new forms. The Gladiators fight alongside of Angron.
Demons of Yu'gnomiaEdit
- The Aurelian
- Very Little is known about this entity, but it is inseperable from Yu'gnomia. It seems to be a manifestation of The Aurelian itself, but some think it might be a seperate entity.
- Marcien the Red Angel
- The Red Angel, the First Angel, The Law Giver, the All-Consumed, Marcien was the first "Living Saint" and was present at the apotheosis of the Aurelian. Formerly a World Eater, he and the other beseigers were betrayed by his father Angron.
- Aeonid of Calth was killed along with his entire force of Ultramarines at Calth. He now serves his father in the afterlife, and often fights against the other forces in the warp.
- Cato Campion
- Following his death defending a Yndarri Incursion, Cato Sicarius became a "Celestial Saint of The Aurelian" (ie a Demon-prince of Yu'gnomia). He is said to possess certain soldiers who can then take on his fighting prowess.
Servants of ChaosEdit
Servants of MalalEdit
- Ephrael Stern, Scourge of The Webway
- Once a disgraced sister of the Aurelian cult, with unholy vengeance she prowls the webway in search of the Eldar gods to kill
- Kaldor Draigo, The Sorceror of Undoing.
- Even the greatest servants of Tzeentch fear to cross paths with Kaldor Draigo. Once a Zealous Chapter Master of The Knights-Errant, Lord Draigo's Zeal for the Emperor and Hatred of the Chaos Gods sent him into the very Eye of Terror itself. Now he ravages the warp, using its own dark energies against it.
Servants of KhorneEdit
Servants of TzeentchEdit
- Luther, Champion of Tzeentch
- A mythic knight in dark glass armor, surrounded by ethereal energy
Servants of SlaaneshEdit
Servants of NurgleEdit
- Angron, Champion of Nurgle
- Angron was the only of his traitor brothers to not ascend to demonhood. Instead the unholy powers of Nurgle have infected him and cured him of the Butcher's Nails. He serves Nurgle as a loyal son, alongside of his beloved Saporin. The destruction of the Butcher's nails has unlocked the mind of a brilliant strategist. It is often he, and not Lorgar, who leads the Black Crusades to their greatest success.
Servants of Yu'gnomeiyaEdit
The church of the Aurelian often refers to these as "saints" though there are many they do not know about, or refuse to believe serve their master.
- Asdrubal Vect
'"Former Leader of Commorragh
Once Asdrubal Vect was the most dangerous and ruthless entity that ever lived. However he was ultimately caught in his own meticulous ensarements. Asdrubal Vect made the fatal mistake of conspiring against Cegorach and his harlequins for a political scheme. Needless to say, The Laughing god did not find the scheme as amusing as he did Vect's death. Vect's death represented the end of an era for the Drukhari, as the looming threat of Slaanesh and rise of the Imperium saw the decadent peoples make some strides at changing their ways.
- Great Leader Puretide
Great Founder of the Tau'Va Imperium
- Puretide was part of the Ancient Shas'i peoples, which under the Kroot meant he would be cannon fodder. Forced to kill his own people and tyrannids for overlords who were themselves overlords. That changed when he kidnapped by the Dark Eldar, and offered a deal. Remade, by their skilled Geneticists, Puretide united his people in revolt against the Kroot and Gue'Va oppressors, and established the Tau'va Imperium.
Apart from characters of ancient Kroot history, the years of independent Kroot was short lived.
The name of the Kroot peoples who were under the Royum Ultramar. The Tarrasque fight for Themselves Ultramar and The Imperium in that order.
Kroot Nation PeoplesEdit