Campaign:Oceans Exalted/Ledaal Beon< Campaign:Oceans Exalted
(italicized text is just a comment, don't keep it in your sheet) originally from 
- Campaign: Something Exalted
- Name: Ledaal Beon
- Concept: Ambitious Thiefy Sorceror
- Aspect: Air
- Motivation: TO UNCOVER THE SECRETS OF ATLANTIS
- Positive intimacies: herp
- Negative intimacies: derp
- Anima: to come
- Experience: 2/2 (0/0 extra)
(write experience points as "unspent / total" plx)
Explanation: I don't know why but I can't write backgrounds so I wrote a poem-ish thing and it probably sucks
In the Realm's nobility, flying under the radar is quite a feat if you can manage it, and by the Dragons, Beon done it. Throughout Primary school, he kept out of trouble and went through the motions, staying sane keeping an extensive journal and keeping his mind sharp in libraries and Gateway clubs. His best friend was a cousin, Ledaal Shiyana, who had impeccable taste in fiction, and shrewd foresight for which non-fiction books to read. Beon benefited from the Realm's education system merely by giving him skills he'd never want to use, and for skills he wanted to use he already read up on all those he wanted.
Then, he Exalted. It's exceptionally difficult flying under the radar when you're nobility, but it's impossible when you're blessed by the Dragons; and Mela churned one heck of a storm in Beon's soul. Worshipped, admired, feared, the Dragonblooded are expected to flaunt their divinity, though Beon had little want in this. However, when he did get the limelight, he savored it tremendously. Then, he actively sought it. Then, it got him into deep shit.
During Secondary schooling in the Heptagram, Beon was eager to show people exactly who was boss, exactly who was the biggest, baddest, spell-slinging Sorcerer this side of the Realm. In an uncharacteristic blunder, he scoffed his peers' lack of enthusiasm and dove right into trying to throw spells around. The results were an entire wing of a Heptagram campus being remodeled.
As punishment, he was placed under the supervision of the strictest motherfucker they got in the Heptagram, and he got some Private Tutelage, oh yes indeed. He'd forgotten humility over a few years, and was in drastic need of a refresher course. It took a very short while to get his unruly new paradigm into check, but it set him straight. He was doing menial labor and meaningless tasks with no word of defiance, and studied what his mentor deemed appropriate.
But, his mentor had important business to attend to in The West. A quest of sorts, to find some magic tomes. And Beon was to be taken along.
okay I'm falling asleep again
(what other people see when they look at your character.)
Strength ●● Charisma ●● Perception ●● Dexterity ●●●●● Manipulation ●● Intelligence ●●●●● Stamina ●● Appearance ●● Wits ●●●
Terrestrial Block Linguistics ●● Awareness x Athletics ●● Bureaucracy x Archery ● Lore ●●● Craft x Dodge ●● Investigation x Medicine x Occult ●●●●● Integrity x Melee ● Larceny ●●● Performance ● Stealth ●●● Resistance x Presence ● Martial Arts ●●● Ride ● Thrown ●●●●● War x Socialize ●● Sail ●● Survival x
Languages: High Realm, Old Realm, Riverspeak
Thrown: Knives+3 Athletics: Leaping+1
Breeding: ●●● Mentor: ●● Resources: ●●● Artifact: ● Reputation: ●●
- (Ability) Charm Name (Abil 4 Ess 2 p42): 1m, Reflexive (Step 1), Combo-OK, Instant. Cause Gem to explode.
- (OCCULT) Spirit-Detecting Mirror Technique (Occult 2 Ess 1 p134): 2m, Simple, One Scene. After activation of this charm, Beon can see spirits reflected in reflective surfaces such as mirrors, polished swords, or still pools of liquid. If he can see them, he can hear them also.
- (SORCERY) Terrestrial Circle Sorcery Cost: 1wp, do sorcery actions
- (SORCERY): Summon Elemental, p254 of Core. Cost: 10+m. Takes four hours. Contest of Wills (Ess+Willpower contested) with every +5 motes spent imposing a -1 penalty on the Elemental. This contest goes on until either party gets net successes equal to the opponent's permanent essence. If Beon wins, he gets an elemental for a lunar month. If the elemental wins, it can wreak havoc, however Beon can reflexively banish it with a Difficulty 1 Wits+Occult roll. Elemental serves for a Lunar Month. Some Elementals start at p302 of Core, and I assume are in some Rolls book.
- (SORCERY): Emerald Countermagic. Cost: 10m or 20m. Instant, Reflexive. If Beon uses 10m, he shields himself from Emerald Circle Sorcery for the rest of his action and his next. If Beon uses 20m, he can cock over an Emerald Circle spell within (Essx50) feet. If the spell is in progress of being shaped, it stops. If it's already in effect, it explodes.
- (SORCERY): Emerald Circle Banishment. Cost: 10+m. Instant, Reflexive. Beon goes into a contest of wills (Ess+Willpower) against a target First Circle Demon, the demon getting a -1 penalty per additional 5m spent. The challenge goes on until either party gains net successes equal to the opponent's Essence. If Beon wins, the Demon fucks off. If the Demon wins, he stays and cannot be banished by Beon for 5 more days.
- (THROWN) First Thrown Excellency (Thrown 1, Ess 1) Cost: 1m/2dice, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Instant. Add two dice to a thrown attack per mote spent, up to Thrown+Specialty.
- (THROWN) Whirlwind Shield Form (Thrown 3, Ess 2) Cost: 3m + 1m per ally protected. Simple, Combo-OK, One Scene. When Beon uses this charm, his (Permanent Essence) is subtracted from any ranged attack successes that are rolled against him or his allies, in addition to the normal effects of DV. Motes are committed. Allies have to be within (Beon's Essence) Yards in order for him to shield them.
- (THROWN) Vengeful Gust Counterattack (Thrown 4, Essence 2) Cost: 2m or 4m. Reflexive, Combo-OK, Counterattack, Instant. If Beon is the target of a ranged attack, he can opt to roll Dex+Thrown instead of his normal DV. Each success on this roll subtracts from the attackers successes, and if he exceeds the attack successes the projectile reverses course, with a number of attack dice equal to his net successes. If he uses the 4 mote version, he can use this charm in defense of an ally within his (Essence) yards.
Combo Name 1wp 0m+
- Charm Name
- Adamant Skin Technique
- Cause Gem to explode.
Regeneration: 4/hour. 8/hour resting. 12/hour Sleeping
Personal Essence Pool: 12/12
Peripheral Essence Pool: 27/27
(write your essence pools as "current / maximum". current should be lower than maximum if you have motes committed to artifacts or if we finished a session while you wasn't at your maximum essence. commit from peripheral.)
Willpower: ●●●●● ●●
Compassion ●● Conviction ●● Temperance ●●●●● Valor ●●
Virtue flaw: FUCK THIS SHIT (Temperance)
Limit: □□□□□ □□□□□
Limit Break Condition: Seeing flamebait.
These brilliantly colored diaphanous cloaks are beautiful but otherwise unremarkable on land. In the water, however, once the wearer commits two motes to the cloak, the translucent membrane spreads out behind the wearer and collects air dissolved in the nearby water and allows the character to breathe underwater, although it does not let the wearer speak or grant any other capabilities.
The Black Treatise:●
Sorcerers all over Creation agree that the First Sorcerer wrote these manuals, even when they don’t agree on her identity. References to her treatises occur in the most ancient chronicles. Even the gods swear by them. They aren’t short books, but they are remarkably easy to comprehend. Both are required reading for students at most academies, including the Heptagram and Lookshy’s Valkhawsen.
The Black Treatise teaches the Emerald-Circle spells found in Exalted Core(see Exalted, pp. 252-254).
Manses and HearthstonesEdit
(write what hearthstones (if any) you have, and write some stuff about the manses too: a bit of description, where they are and so on)
Dodge DV: 5
Dodge MDV: 5
Soak: 0A/4L/3B (add armor and 0A/(Sta/2 round down)L/(Sta)B)
Pierced: 0A/2L/2B (add half from armor and full from stamina)
Hardness: 0A/0L/0B (armor only)
Example Attack (Speed X, Accuracy X, Damage XL, Parry DV X, Rate X, Tags X, Y, Z)
Clinch (Speed 6, Accuracy 8, Damage 2B, Parry DV -, Rate 1, Tags C, N, P)
Kick (Speed 5, Accuracy 8, Damage 5B, Parry DV 3, Rate 2, Tags N)
Punch (Speed 5, Accuracy 9, Damage 2B, Parry DV 5, Rate 3, Tags N)
Throwing Knife (Speed 5, Accuracy 13, Damage 4L, Rate 3, Range 15 Tags n/a)
JAVELIN (Speed 4, Accuracy 14, Damage 5L, Rate 2, Range 30, Tags *, P)
Needle (Speed 5, Accuracy 12, Damage 3L, Rate 3, Range 10, Tags P)
one Dying level per dot of Stamina
3: Temperance 4
3: Temperance 5
1: Thrown 4
1: Thrown 5
1: Occult 4
1: Occult 5
2: Dodge 1
2: Dodge 2
1: 2 Specialty points in (Thrown: Knives +3, Athletics: Leaping +1)
it's also helpful (but optional) if you write out charms you intend to buy