Campaign:MY RHYMES ARE SICK, MY BEATS ARE SLICK IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK/McGee< Campaign:MY RHYMES ARE SICK, MY BEATS ARE SLICK IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK
Name: Lightning-Fingers McGee
Concept: Beatbox flute
Motivation: To play the Imperial Manse and impress the hell out of The Scarlet Empress
Intimacies: Music, Hides-Under-Fridges (lunar mate)
Anima Banner:This wacky gold and silver fractal Mandelbrot thing
(unspent / total)
Lightning-Fingers McGee was born, raised, and lived on the edge between the shitty part and the decent part of the shitty part of Nexus. He discovered he was good with his hands at a young age, etc etc, became a smith's apprentice and joined a gang yadda yadda, now makes a living picking pockets and making musical instruments.
The only problem in his life besides the inconsistent income and the poor living conditions was there was one big cockroach living in his little house. I mean, this roach was so big it could fight off a small cat. McGee did everything in his power to kill it, from poisons to knives to stomping to actually shooting it with a flamepiece, but nothing worked.
At the end of a shitty day of dealing with shitty customers, McGee was slicing some cheese for a ham sandwich when he saw That Damn Roach crawl across his kitchen floor. Well, he was literally on his last nerve, and McGee cut a small corner off his cheese and flicked it on the floor for the cockroach. He then enjoyed his sandwich and washed it down with some hard liquor before getting back to work on his pet project, a brass flute he made himself. It hadn't occurred to him that he might never finish it when he found himself embossing designs across every inch of it, and he could swear the room was lighting up with a golden glow, but that wasn't important. It was probably the dawn creeping up on him.
A week went by, he'd work on the flute every now and then when he had some free time. He kept seeing That Roach more and more, especially around lunchtime when he was feeling the least spiteful, so he'd cut it a small slice of cheese. He felt like they were roommates, he'd earn the money and The Roach would keep the other pests out (he actually saw it bite another roach in half). And then the day came.
The flute was done! McGee's masterpiece was complete! He walked out onto his front stoop, golden light following his every step and played the most beautiful music or anyone withing a block had ever heard, golden fractal light flowing from him as he played. Not even the assholes that lived upstairs complained despite it being some hour of the morning that shouldn't exist. As he played, there was a girl watching him, absolutely awestruck. He finished the song, his fractal anima still blazing, and he heard a booming voice in his head, "WELL? ARE YOU GOING TO INVITE HER IN OR WHAT?"
McGee did indeed invite her in, one thing led to another, fade to black, etc. The next morning she said the last thing McGee expected: "I... wanted to thank you for all the cheese."
(what other people see when they look at your character.)
Strength ●● Charisma ●●●● Perception ●●● Dexterity ●●●● Manipulation ●● Intelligence ●●●●● Stamina ●● Appearance ●●● Wits ●●●
Archery Integrity ●●● Craft Athletics ●●● Bureaucracy Martial Arts ●●● Performance ●●●●● Investigation ●●● Awareness ●● Linguistics ● Melee ●●●● Presence Lore ●● Dodge ●●●● Ride Thrown Resistance Medicine ●●● Larceny ●● Sail War Survival Occult Stealth ●●● Socialize
craft (air): ●●●● craft (fire): ●●●● craft (wood): ●
languages: Riverspeak, Firetongue
(write aspect/caste and favored abilities in bold, please. also, you do not have a free dot in every ability. I put them for ease of comprehension.)
Performance (Beatbox +2)
Artifact: ●●● (wavecleaver flute)
Allies (HUF): ●
Artifact: ●● (hearthstone bracers)
Allies (Honda): ●●●
- (Melee) 2nd Melee Excellency: 2m/1 sux, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Instant. Adds 1 success to a melee roll for every 2 motes you spend, yadda yadda.
- (Melee) Infinite Melee Mastery: 2m+ 1wp, Simple, Scene. Every 2m spent reduces excellency cost by 1m, can spend up to 6m on it.
- (Melee) Call the Blade: 1m, Reflexive, Obvious, Instant. Brings weapon to hand, like in Empire Strikes Back.
- (Melee) Hungry Tiger Technique:
- (Performance) 2nd Perf Excellency: 2m/1 sux, Reflexive, Instant. Add 1 success to perform per 2m spent.
- (Performance) Respect Commanding Attitude: 5m, Simple (Speed 4 in long ticks), Combo-OK, Compulsion, Social. Make performance roll, anyone who can see/hear has to be respectful. To resist, 1wp for 5 minutes or 3wp for the whole scene.
- (Performance) Heart-Compelling Method: 6m, Supplemental, Combo-OK, Emotion, Social. Supplements perform roll to incite an emotion, sux has to beat target's MDV. To resist, pay 2wp.
- (Craft) 2nd Craft Excellency: second verse same as the first.
- (Craft) Craftsman Needs No Tools: 7m 1wp, Supplemental, Combo-OK, Instant. Removes need for tools and penalties for no tools, accomplishes (Ess x 3) hours of crafting in one hour.
- (Medicine) 2nd Medicine Excellency:
- (Larceny) Flawless Pickpocketing Technique: 3m, Supplemental, Combo-OK, Instant. Autosuccess on pickpocketing, adds (Essence) to (Dex+Larceny) roll if opposed by a charm.
- (Stealth) 2nd Stealth Excellency: yeah yeah 2nd excellency
- (Stealth) Easily Overlooked Presence Method: 3m, Simple, Combo-OK, one scene. Awareness and investigation rolls against character fail unless observer has at least +2 circumstantial bonus.
- (Dodge) Shadow Over Water: 1m, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Instant. Ignore penalties to Dodge DV.
- (Dodge) Seven Shadow Evasion: 3m, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Obvious, Instant. Perfect dodge, compassion flaw.
Combo Name 15m 2wp
- 2nd Craft
- Craft the hell out of something
Regeneration: 6 per hour / 10 per hour when resting
Personal Essence Pool: 15/15
Peripheral Essence Pool: 31/36
Committed Essence: 5
(write your essence pools as "current / maximum". current should be lower than maximum if you have motes committed to artifacts or if we finished a session while you wasn't at your maximum essence.)
- Compassion ●●
- Conviction ●●●●
- Temperance ●
- Valor ●●
Flawed Virtue:Conviction: Obsessive Focus. Gains limit when denied access to his intimacies or motivation. McGee will work feverishly towards completing a goal related to his
Limit Break: □□□□□□□□□□
Orichalcum Wavecleaver Daiklave/Perfect Flute: "Cee Sharp" (Speed 5, Acc +4, Damage 7L/4, Def +2, Rate 3, Attune 5, Tags O) Perfect instrument (+2 to performance checks with it)
Orichalcum hearthstone bracers
several changes of clothes
a block of cheese
Box of tools
Perfect Lamellar Armor (7L/9B, Mobility -0, Fatigue 1, can be concealed under heavy jacket/cloak)
Manses and HeartstonesEdit
Stone of Breath: allows bearer to breathe easily in all circumstances, adds 3 to all Resistance rolls.
Join Battle: 5
Dodge DV: 7
Dodge MDV: 5
Soak: B:11 L:8 A:0
Hardness: B:0 L:0 A:0
Wavecleaver Daiklave (Speed 5, Accuracy 12, Damage 9L/4, Parry DV 5, Rate 3, Tags O)
15 -1 art 2 bracers --- 14 -2 perf 5 -- 12 -4 dex 4 -- 8 -1 perf specialty -- 7 -1 craft wood -- 6 -2 ling 1 -- 4 -1 melee 4 -- 3 -2 integrity 3 -- 1 dodge
XP: 16 (ess 3) + 4 (med 2) + 8 (SSE) + 5 (craft air 4) + 8 (CNNT) + 8 (hungry tiger) + 8 (2nd med) + 3 (med 3) + 8 (infinite melee) + 9 (MA 3) + 8 (fire 4) + 1 (lore 2) = 86
lore 5: 14xp
craft air 5: 7xp
craft fire 5: 7xp
craft magitech 5: 18xp
craft genesis 5: 18xp
craft flow: 8xp
Crafting Total: 74xp
conv 5: 12xp
MA 5: 23xp
6 MA charms: 60xp
MA Fightan Total: 95xp