Campaign:Golby's Beautiful Placeholder/SCIENCE< Campaign:Golby's Beautiful Placeholder
- Campaign: Golby's
- Name: Herr Doktor Professor Shen
- Concept: IT'S ALIVE! ALIIIIIIIIVE!
- Caste/Aspect: Twilight Solar
- Motivation: Attain the power of true resurrection
- Positive Intimacies: building a world of SCIENCE!, recovering lost knowledge and researching new fields, I WANT THE TRUTH!, It's always a trap, Snakebite (comrade-in-arms), Snowflake (Sorcery!), Creation (It's where I keep all my stuff!)
- Negative Intimacies:
- Anima: A spherical labyrinth of blue filigree with green sparks; his Twilight caste mark burns like a golden searchlight at the center.
- Experience: 20/557
Sections of the following have been redacted to protect the innocent. Original character, do not steal.
The Professor was born in Nexus, and it was there that he was trained as a barber-chirurgeon. After some years in private practice he took a job teaching other such chirurgeons, splitting his time between the two.
He exalted in a back alley, trying to save ██████████ who had been savaged by a karmeus; his hands glowed with golden light and moved like lightning, but it was too late. After this, he slowly dropped out of the medical and academic life he had known up to then, working instead on solitary projects and trying to master the secrets of life and death. His experiments turned slowly into investigations of the darker side of Essence, and his apartment grew a reputation as a haunted house. Things came to a head with an incident involving a ████, two ██████s and the ████████, after which he was exiled. He managed to escape being executed since ███████████████████████. After this he set off to the south in search of a more hospitable base of operations.
Upon reaching Chiaroscuro, he set up a small medical practice to keep food on his plate. In his spare time, he set about finding volunteers for experiments, and exploring the city's First Age ruins in search of lost knowledge.
After having a dream containing vivid imagery of a grand, shining tower on a mountain peak, the Professor sought out the site, but found only a blasted ring of stone, the foundation of what might once have been such a tower, lacking even a roof. While frequent lightning in the area deterred others from approaching, it hasn't given the Professor any trouble.
A tall thin man with light brown skin, black hair streaked with grey, and brown eyes. He wears a lightweight white shirt and trousers, with a white lab coat or thawb during the day, and a brown frock coat at night or indoors.
Strength ●● Charisma ●● Perception ●●●● Dexterity ●●●●● Manipulation ●●● Intelligence ●●●●● Stamina ●● Appearance ●● Wits ●●●
Archery ●●●●● Integrity ●●●●● Craft see below Athletics ●●● Bureaucracy Martial Arts Performance Investigation ●●●●● Awareness ●●●●● Linguistics ●●● Melee Presence Lore ●●●●● Dodge ●●●●● Ride Thrown Resistance ● Medicine ●●●●● Larceny Sail War Survival Occult ●●●●● Stealth Socialize ●
Craft (Fire) ●●●● Craft (Air) ●● Craft (Fate) ●
Languages: Riverspeak (Native: Nexus), Old Realm, Flametongue, High Realm
Archery (Beam weapons) ●●● Integrity (The unknown) ● Investigation (Finding concealed objects) ● Investigation (Getting the truth out of people) ● Occult (Sorcery) ●
Resources: ●●●● Income from medical practice (3), also gift from helpful Mnemon (1, no plot armor) Manse: ● A crumbling lightning-blasted tower on top of a mountain Artifact: ● Orichalcum chainshirt Artifact: ●●●● Reason: a death ray Ally: ● Orodas
- 2nd Archery
- Archery Flow
- 2nd Integrity
- Integrity-Protecting Prana
- Phoenix Renewal Tactic (Valor) (Integrity 4 Essence 3 p200): Permanent. When recovering Willpower from stunts or natural recovery, user may recover one Valor channel instead.
- Lion's Roar Recovery (Integrity 5 Essence 4 Lords 58): 5m, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Instant. When recovering Willpower from a stunt, the Solar may instead use this Charm to recover (Integrity) Willpower instead. When recovering Willpower from a stunt while channeling a Virtue, she instead regains all temporary Willpower plus (Virtue) additional temporary points that fade at the end of the scene.
- Essence-Gathering Temper (Resistance 1 Ess 1 p207): 1m, Reflexive (Step 8), Combo-OK, Instant. Roll 2 dice per 1 die of rolled damage; for each success up to (Stamina), gain (Essence) motes.
- 2nd Craft
- Craftsman Needs No Tools (Craft 4 Ess 3 p213): 7m 1wp, Supplemental, Combo-OK, Instant. Removes need for tools, removes penalties for lacking tools, and the character accomplishes (Essence x 3) hours of work in each hour spent working.
- 2nd Investigation
- Judge's Ear Technique (Investigation 2 Essence 1 p213): 3m, Reflexive(1), Combo-OK, One scene. Recognize deliberate use of lies or half-truths. If contested by another Charm, add (Essence) successes to the (Perception+Investigation) roll.
- 2nd Lore
- Lore Flow
- Harmonious Academic Methodology
- Legendary Solar Curriculum
- Terrestrial Edification Program
- Essence-Lending Method (Lore 2 Ess 1 p217): 3m, Simple (Speed 4 DV -1), Combo-OK Obvious Touch, Instant. Transfer up to (Essence x3) motes to another character. The essence transferred does not count for the purpose of anima flare. Transferred motes go first into personal, then peripheral, and cannot raise a pool above its maximum.
- Will-Bolstering Method (Lore 3 Ess 1 p217-218): 5m 1w, Simple (Speed 6 DV -1), Combo-OK Obvious Touch, Instant. Transfer up to (Essence) temporary willpower points.
- Unsurpassed Genius Declaration (): 3m/die
- 2nd Medicine
- Wound-Mending Care Technique (Medicine 3 Ess 2 p219): 10m, Supplemental, Combo-OK Touch, Until the day ends. Treat for one hour and roll (Int+Med); target recovers successes in lethal or bashing at the end of the treatment (errata). If target spends the day resting, target recovers (Solar's Ess) additional lethal and bashing levels. Usable once per day on each target.
- Flawless Diagnosis Technique (Medicine 1 Ess 1 p220): 1m, Reflexive, Combo-OK, Instant. It's not lupus.
- Instant Treatment Methodology (Medicine 2 Ess 2 p220): 7m, Simple (Speed 6 DV -1), Combo-OK Touch, Instant. Any medicine action that would normally take up to one hour takes six ticks.
- 2nd Occult
- Occult Flow
- Spirit-Detecting Glance (Occult 2 Ess 2 p221): 3m, Reflexive (Step 1), Combo-OK, One scene. I see dead people. But not touch them.
- All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight (Occult 5 Ess 2 p222): 6m, Reflexive (1), None, One scene. Essence sight. All Charms are treated as Obvious. Dematerialized and invisible things are visible. All artifacts, manses and demesnes are recognized. All creatures with Essence 4+ are recognized as such. This does not void Stealth -- rather, add the stealthy target's Essence in dice to the viewing Solar's attempt to pierce magical or mundane Stealth. Neither does it void disguises, but it might grant a bonus. Identifying effects are (Int+Occ) rolls, diff 5 for an unknown charm or spell, 2 for Essence/Manse/Artifact/Demesne ratings.
- Sorcerer's Burning Chakra Charm
- Shadowlands Circle Necromancy (Occult 3 Ess 3): Permanent. Take Shape Necromancy and Cast Necromancy actions as appropriate.
- Terrestrial Circle Sorcery (Occult 3 Ess 3 p220): Permanent. Take Shape Sorcery and Cast Sorcery actions as appropriate.
- Celestial Circle Sorcery (Occult 4 Ess 4 p220): Permanent. Take Shape Sorcery and Cast Sorcery actions as appropriate.
Terrestrial Circle SorceryEdit
- Emerald Countermagic (Core 253): 1wp 10m or 1wp 20m. Cast as reflexive 0-tick action. 10m to secure self against Emerald sorcery until the end of the first action after rejoining battle. 20m to shatter a spell operating or being shaped within (Ess x50) feet.
- Summon Elemental (Core 254): 1wp 10m+. Cast at any time as a dramatic action requiring 4 hours. Summons any elemental, which will by bound for no more than 28 days of servitude or 421 days of one task. Elemental's (Ess+Will) pool is reduced by 1 per 5m extra spent; if binding fails, difficulty 1 (Wits+Occult) roll to banish.
- Death of Obsidian Butterflies (Core 252): 1wp 15m. An area 30yds wide 100yds long 10yds high is filled with razor-sharp obsidian butterflies. Roll (Per+Occ) adding (Ess) successes as an attack against everyone in the AoE. Raw damage is 8L plus extra attack successes.
- Thunder Wolf's Howl (Treatises p67) 10m 1wp. Target point within 100 yards explodes with sound, 20 yard diameter; can't be parried or dodged; damage is (Int+Occ) rolled plus Essence bashing levels, ignoring worn armor. All living creatures in the AoE take a -2 internal penalty for 5 ticks per success rolled; Essence wielders roll (Stamina+Resistance) and subtract 5 ticks per success.
- Conjuring the Azure Chariot (Treatises 42) 15m 1wp. Fly at 100 yds/tick or 200 mph as long as the sun is in the sky. Carries all actual PCs.
- Disguise of the New Face (Treatises 44)
Celestial Circle SorceryEdit
- Sapphire Countermagic (Core 256) 2wp 15m or 2wp 20m. Cast as reflexive 0-tick action. Shatters Celestial or Shadowlands circle spells, harmlessly snuffs Terrestrial circle spells. 15m to secure self against affected spells until the end of the first action after rejoining battle. 20m to shatter a spell operating or being shaped within (Ess x50) feet.
- Demon of the Second Circle (Core 255) 2wp 30+m. Per Demon 1st, except: summons 2nd circle demon, cast on the new moon, cost to reduce demon's (Ess+Will) pool is 10m per die, not 5m.
- Sapphire Circle Banishment (Treatises 81) 2wp 15+m. Cast as reflexive 0-tick action. Range is (Essence x15) yards. Banishes a single First Circle demon with no contest. Can banish a Second Circle demon with a contest of wills, extended resisted roll of (Ess+Will) of each, Speed 3 DV -1 action, neither contestant can take non-reflexive actions, each 5m applies -1 die to demon's pool, first to reach her opponent's Essence in successes wins. On success the demon is banished, on failure the sorcerer cannot try again for five days. Can banish a group of First Circle demons with a contest of wills, most powerful demon's (Ess+Will) plus 1 per additional demon; on success all demons are banished simultaneously, on failure the sorcerer cannot try again with any of them for five days without Adamant Circle Banishment. In mass combat, can reduce a unit of First Circle demons by 1 Magnitude.
- The Faithful Ally
Shadowlands Circle NecromancyEdit
- Iron Countermagic (Treatises p131): 10m or 20m, 1wp. Can be cast as reflexive 0-tick Shape Necromancy action. 10m to shatter any Shadowlands Necromancy spell that would affect the caster in a fashion he considers undesirable, until one action after the caster has rejoined battle after casting. 20m to shatter any Shadowlands Necromancy spell operating or being shaped within (Essence x 50) feet. Shattering a spell is a destructive effect that can cause damage, though less than a fully operational spell. Cannot banish ghosts or demons.
- Master Puppeteer's Knife (Treatises p131-132): 14m 1wp. Can be cast as reflexive 0-tick Shape Necromancy action. All animate dead within 15 yards and a 90-degree arc return to full death. Targets must be extras. Can be used to destroy animated corpses of greater power or intellect by focusing on a single target per casting. Does not affect undead war machines.
- Field of Fell Dreams (Treatises 129): 1wp 16m. Skeletal hands break through the ground or floor to grab anyone within 50 yards of the casting site. Everyone in AoE takes -1 die to Dexterity and 2 yd movement penalty. Anyone who moves suffers a clinch with attack pool of (caster's Ess +5); anyone who falls down is automatically grabbed. The hands can grab immaterial beings.
- Raise the Skeletal Horde (Treatises 132): 1wp 10m plus 1m per zombie. Raises up to (Int+Occ+Ess) zombies within 100 yds. Zombies stay animate for one scene if animated in daylight or until the next dawn. Caster can commit 1wp to maintain 5 zombies.
- 3rd Awareness: 4m reroll
- Surprise Anticipation Method (Awareness 5 Ess 2 p226): 1m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. Expect the unexpected.
- Keen Sight Techique (Awareness 3 Ess 2 p225-226): 3m, Reflexive, Combo-OK, One scene. Add two successes to Awareness actions using Sight. Gain superhuman visual acuity.
- 3rd Dodge: 4m reroll
- Dodge Flow
- Shadow Over Water (Dodge 3 Ess 1 p227): 1m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK, Instant. Ignore all penalties to Dodge DV.
- Seven Shadows Evasion (Dodge 4 Ess 2 p227): 3m, Reflexive (Step 2), Combo-OK Obvious, Instant. Dodge the undodgeable, unless unexpected. Conviction flaw.
- Leaping Dodge Method (Dodge 3 Ess 2 p227): 3m, Reflexive (Step 9), Combo-OK Counterattack, Instant. After using a Dodge defense against an attack, the Exalt leaps ([Strength + Dodge] x6) yards horizontally or ([Strength + Dodge] x3) yards vertically away from the attacker. The Exalt chooses the direction and distance of her jump, as long as it is away from the attacker. If the attacker cannot reflexively move to close this distance, any attack flurry will be disrupted. This Charm follows the rules for Counterattacks, reducing DV by 1 and not functioning against another Counterattack.
- 2nd Linguistics
- Sagacious Reading of Intent (Linguistics 1 Ess 1 p233): 3m, Reflexive (step 2), Combo-OK Social, Instant. Identifies the motivation behind a given statement that the Exalt reads or hears: a one-sentence summary of what the person hopes to gain. Perfect defense against social attacks that are fundamentally hostile to the Exalt or her Motivation.
- Poetic Expression Style (Linguistics 2 Ess 1 p233): 3m, Reflexive, Combo-OK, One scene. Communicate via gestures, removing external penalties to dramatic and combat actions for not knowing appropriate languages. Does not affect social or military actions.
(Lytek) Spirit of the Sage: Grants holder access to Solar Circle Sorcery, grants 3 free spells of user's choosing in addition to starter package.
Discretion: 1wp, 0m+
- 2nd Archery, reflexive C-OK, 2m+
- Surprise Anticipation Method, reflexive C-OK, 1m
- Seven Shadows Evasion, reflexive C-OK Obvious, 3m
- Leaping Dodge Method, reflexive C-OK, 3m
- Essence-Gathering Temper, reflexive C-OK, 1m
- The Professor, though he may be lost in thought, comes to a sudden realization and moves with impossible speed to avoid danger, trailing streamers of blue-green essence as he does so.
Power over Life: 1wp, 17m+
- 2nd Medicine, reflexive C-OK, 2m+
- Wound-Mending Care Technique, Medicine supplemental C-OK, 10m
- Instant Treatment Methodology, Medicine simple C-OK, 7m
- Seven Shadows Evasion, reflexive C-OK, 3m
- Outside combat there is no obvious display associated with this combo.
- In combat, when subtlety is less important, the Professor simply places his hands on a wounded patient and directs a flow of blue essence into the damaged flesh, which spontaneously heals; the process gives off green sparks.
I Have the Technology: 2wp, 7m+
- 2nd Craft, reflexive C-OK, 2m+
- Craftsman Needs No Tools, Craft supplemental C-OK, 7m 1wp
- Outside combat there is no obvious display associated with this combo.
- Essence: ●●●●●
- Regeneration: 2/hour from hearthstone, 6/hour relaxed, 10/hour sleeping
- Personal Essence Pool: 24/24
- Peripheral Essence Pool: 49/57
- Committed Essence: 8
- Willpower: ●●●●● ●●●●
- Temporary: □□□□□ □□□□
Compassion ● (1/1) Conviction ●●●● (4/4) Temperance ●●● (3/3) Valor ●●●●● (5/5) (PRT)
Virtue flaw: Deliberate Cruelty (Conviction)
Limit: □□□□□ □□□□□
Limit Break Condition: The character is subjected to severe stress or backed against the wall.
- Reason: a two-foot-long thin orichalcum tube covered with complicated circuitry; usually kept concealed under a long jacket. The Professor found it by digging in the rubble at his manse. It functions as a hand-held self-powered beam weapon. It can be used in two modes. It has one hearthstone socket and Attune 6. (Compare Power Mace, Wonders 78, and Small Concussive Essence Cannon, Wonders 131; Artifact 4)
- Speed 5 Accuracy +2 Damage 10L piercing Rate 2 Range 60 Min Str 2
- Speed 5 Accuracy +2 Damage 15B piercing Rate 2 Range 100 Min Str 2
- Orichalcum Chainshirt: Shining orichalcum. The professor forged it out of scraps of orichalcum that he found under rubble at the manse. Worn concealed under clothing. Soak 7A/7L/5B, Hardness 3, Attune 2. (Core 390; Artifact 1)
- Normal clothing: lab coats, long jackets, thick gloves, goggles, etc. (Resources 2)
- Perfect medical stuff (Resources 3): perfect tools add +2d to Medicine rolls
- Deluxe Punishment Bag (It's a secret to everybody)
Manses and HearthstonesEdit
The Spire of Shattered Memories (Air Manse 1)
A shattered granite tower on a mountaintop, open to the sky and blasted by lightning. Rubble is strewn around the area. There could be undiscovered catacombs beneath it, and it's possible this ruined shell was once much more powerful...
- Minimally Habitable (2 pt drawback)
- Ultra-Deadly Traps (3 pt feature)
Hearthstone: Memory Stone: the character remembers everything perfectly, to the point of being able to make (Perception+Awareness) rolls to examine something 50 years after having seen it.
Dodge DV: 8
Dodge MDV: 9 (10 with specialty)
Punch: Spd 5 Hit 6 Dmg 2B PDV 4 Rate 3 Kick: Spd 5 Hit 5 Dmg 5B PDV 2 Rate 2 Clinch: Spd 6 Hit 5 Dmg 2B Rate 1 Piercing Reason/L: Spd 5 Hit 15 Dmg 10L Rng 60 Rate 2 Piercing Reason/B: Spd 5 Hit 15 Dmg 15B Rng 100 Rate 2 Piercing Flame piece: Spd 5 Hit 11 Dmg 8L Rng 8 Rate 1
- 11BP to Abilities and Specialties
- 2BP to Willpower
- 2BP to Combo (SAM+SSE)
- (25xp start)
- 16XP to Essence 3 (9/25)
- 6XP to Combo (ITM+WMCT+2Med) (3/25)
- 3XP to Artifact 1 (Chainshirt) (0/25)
- (7xp get -- Session 1: now 7/32)
- 3XP to Temperance 2 (4/32)
- 1XP to Investigation 2 (3/32)
- (8xp get -- Session 2: now 11/40)
- 1XP to add 2nd Archery to combo Discretion (10/40)
- 8XP to Shadowlands Circle Necromancy, free spells: Field of Fell Dreams, Raise the Skeletal Horde, Iron Countermagic (2/40)
- (8xp get -- Session 3: now 10/48)
- (7xp get -- Session fail: now 17/55)
- 8xp: Spirit-Detecting Glance (9/55)
- (16xp get -- Session 4: now 25/71)
- 4xp: Add SSE to combo Power Over Life (21/71)
- 8xp: Sagacious Reading of Intent (13/71)
- 8xp: Master Puppeteer's Knife (5/71)
- (12xp get -- Session 5: now 17/83)
- (8xp get -- Session 6: now 25/91)
- (4xp get -- bonus: now 28/95)
- 3xp: Investigation 3 (26/95)
- 8xp: 2nd Investigation (18/95)
- (8xp get -- Session 7: now 26/103)
- (10xp get -- Session 8, everybody goes to 113: now 36/113)
- (8xp get -- Session 9 now 44/121)
- 12xp: Occult 4+5 (32/121)
- 6xp: Athletics 2+3 (26/121)
- 8xp: Terrestrial Circle Sorcery, free spells: Conjuring the Azure Chariot, Death of Obsidian Butterflies, Summon Elemental, Emerald Countermagic (18/121)
- (8xp get -- Session 10 now 26/129)
- 8xp: Thunder Wolf's Howl (18/129)
- 8xp: 2nd Integrity (10/129)
- 4xp: Integrity 2+3 (6/129)
- (17xp get -- Session 11 now 23/146)
- (8xp get -- Session 12 now 31/154)
- (8xp get -- Session 13 now 39/162)
- 8xp: Leaping Dodge Method (31/162)
- 3xp: Occult (Sorcery) (28/162)
- 8xp: Essence-Lending Method (20/162)
- (8xp get -- Session 14 now 28/170)
- 12xp: Perception 4 (16/170)
- (17xp get -- Session 15 now 33/187)
- (12xp get -- Session 16, now 45/198)
- 8xp: 3rd Awareness (now 37/198)
- (20xp get -- Session 17, now 57/218)
- 9xp: Valor 4 (now 48/218)
- 3xp: Upgrade cannon to self-powered art 4 (now 45/218)
- 8xp: Keen Sight Technique (now 37/218)
- (11xp get -- Session 18, now 48/218)
- 12xp: Valor 5 (now 36/218)
- 24xp: Essence 4 (now 12/229)
- (12xp get -- Session 19, 13 Jan, now 24/241)
- (missed Session 20, 20 Jan)
- 8xp: Celestial Circle Sorcery, free spells: Sapphire Countermagic, Demon of the Second Circle (16/241)
- 8xp: Sapphire Circle Banishment (8/241)
- (13xp get -- Session 21, 27 jan, now 21/254)
- 8xp: 2nd Lore (13/254)
- (13xp get -- Session 22, 3 feb, now 26/267)
- 5xp: Integrity 4 (21/267)
- 8xp: Phoenix Renewal Tactic (Valor) (13/267)
- 5xp: Combo of CNNT and 2nd Craft: I Have the Technology (8/267)
- (10xp get -- Session 23, 10 feb, now 18/277)
- 7xp: Integrity 5 (11/277)
- 8xp: Lion's Roar Recovery (3/277)
- (16xp get -- Session 24, 17 feb, now 19/293)
- (8xp get -- Session 25, 24 feb, now 27/301)
- (10xp get -- Session 26, 3 mar, now 37/311)
- 8xp: All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight (29/311)
- 8xp: Judge's Ear Technique (21/311)
- (15xp get -- Session 27, 10 mar, now 36/326)
- 32xp: Essence 5 (4/326)
- 3xp: Investigation (Getting the truth out of people +1) (1/326)
- (10xp get -- Session 28, 17 mar, now 11/336)
- (11xp get -- Session 29, 24 mar, now 22/347)
- (8xp get -- Session 30, 31 mar, now 30/355)
- (10xp get -- Session 31, 7 apr, now 40/365)
- 8xp: Unsurpassed Genius Declaration  (32/365)
- 10xp: Essence-Gathering Temper (22/365)
- 8xp: Disguise of the New Face (14/365)
- 3xp: Add Leaping Dodge Method to Combo (11/365)
- 1xp: Add Essence-Gathering Temper to Combo (10/365)
- (10xp get -- Session 32, 14 apr, now 20/375)
- (8xp get -- Session 33, 21 apr, now 28/383)
- 3xp: Ally 1 (Orodas) (25/383)
- (10xp get -- Session 34, 28 apr, now 35/393)
- 12xp: Lore 4+5 (23/393)
- (8xp get -- Session 35, 5 may, now 31/401)
- (8xp get -- 12 may, now 39/409)
- 8xp: Poetic Expression Style (31/409)
- 3xp: Socialize 1 (28/409)
- (10xp get -- 19 may, now 38/419)
- 8xp: Will-Bolstering Method (30/419)
- (11xp get -- 26 may, now 41/430)
- 12xp: Investigation 4+5 (29/430)
- 8xp: 2nd Linguistics (21/430)
- (11xp get -- 2 jun, now 32/441)
- (14xp get -- 9 jun, now 46/455)
- (16th missed)
- (22xp get -- 23 jun, now 68/477)
- (8xp get -- 30 jun, now 76/485)
- 8xp: Lore Flow (68/485)
- 8xp: Harmonious Academic Methodology (60/485)
- 8xp: Legendary Scholar Curriculum (52/485)
- 8xp: Terrestrial Edification Program (44/485)
- 8xp: Integrity-Protecting Prana (36/485)
- 16xp: Willpower 9 (20/485)
- 3xp: Integrity (The unknown +1) (17/485)
- 3xp: Craft(Fate) 1 (14/485)
- (8xp get -- 7 jul, now 22/493)
- (10xp get -- 14 jul, now 32/503)
- (9xp get -- 21 jul, now 41/512)
- (8xp get -- 28 jul, now 49/520)
- 8xp: 3rd Dodge (41/520)
- 8xp: Dodge Flow (33/520)
- 8xp: Archery Flow (25/520)
- (8xp get -- 4 aug, now 33/528)
- 6xp: Temperance 3 (27/528)
- (9xp get -- 11 aug, now 36/537)
- 8xp: The Faithful Ally (28/537)
- (12xp get -- 18 aug, now 40/549)
- 4xp: Craft(Air) 1+2 (36/549)
- 8xp: Sorcerer's Burning Chakra (28/549)
- 8xp: 2nd Occult (20/549)
- 8xp: Occult Flow (12/549)
- (8xp get -- 8 sep, now 20/557)
No particular order. Also not really complete.
- 18xp: Willpower 10 (instant)
- 16xp: Perception 5
- 12xp: Wits 4
- 16xp: Wits 5
- 12xp: Manipulation 4
- 8xp: Stamina 3 (2 months)
- 3xp: Compassion 2 (eventually)
- 12xp: Conviction 5 (instant)
- 9xp: Temperance 4 (instant)
- 12xp: Temperance 5 (instant)
- 2xp: Resistance 2
- 4xp: Resistance 3
- 3xp: Craft (Genesis) 1 (Capped at Lore/Med/Occ)
- 3xp: Craft (Magitech) 1 (Capped at Lore)
- 3xp: Occult (Sorcery)
- 8xp: Trance of Unhesitating Speed
- 8xp: Flashing Vengeance Draw (Trance)
- 8xp: Arrow Storm Technique (Trance)
- 8xp: There Is No Wind
- 8xp: Accuracy Without Distance (TINW)
- 8xp: Unerring Bolt of Justice (TINW)
- 8xp: Essence Arrow Attack (Dazzling Flare)
- 1xp: Essence Arrow Attack (Righteous Judgment Arrow)
- 10xp: Ox-Body Technique
- 10xp: Durability of Oak Meditation (Res 2)
- 10xp: Iron Skin Concentration (Res 3 Oak)
- 8xp: Touch of Blissful Release
- 8xp: Contagion-Curing Touch
- 8xp: Wound-Cleansing Meditation (CCT)
- 8xp: Wholeness-Restoring Meditation
- 8xp: Immanent Solar Glory
- 8xp: Aspect of the Philosopher Prince (ISG)
- 8xp: Chaos Repelling Pattern
- 8xp: Wyld-Shaping Technique (CRP LoreFlow)
- 8xp: Order-Affirming Blow (WST)
- 8xp: Wyld Cauldron Technology (WST)
- 8xp: Virtue-Donating Grace
- 8xp: Solar Circle Sorcery
- 8xp: Labyrinth Circle Necromancy
- 8xp: Spirit-Cutting Attack
- 8xp: Unsurpassed Sight Discipline
- 8xp: Eye of the Unconquered Sun (UnsurpassedSight Ess 5)
- 10xp: Graceful Crane Stance
- 10xp: Spider-Foot Style (GCS)
- 8xp: Refinement of Flowing Shadows
- 8xp: Temptation-Resisting Stance
- 8xp: Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver
- 8xp: Bone Puppet Dance 126
- 8xp: Raise the Skeletal Horde 132-133
- 8xp: Shattering Void Mirror 133
- 8xp: Walking War Machine 136
- 8xp: Flight of the Brilliant Raptor 47
- 8xp: Flying Guillotine 48
- Unerring Bolt of Justice
- Cost: 6m, 1wp; Mins: Archery 5, Essence 3; Type: Simple
- Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious, Mirror (Piercing Ghost Barb; Abyssals, p122)
- Duration: Instant
- Prerequisite Charms: There is No Wind
- The Lawgivers' weapons harm none but their intended targets, passing harmlessly through innocent bystanders and cowards' armor alike, for nothing can stand before the justice of the Sun.
- This negates all cover, all soak other than innate, and makes the attack unblockable except by unarmed parries. No one other than the designated target(s) will be harmed; if the attack misses, it will have no other effect.
- Unsurpassed Genius Declaration
- Cost: 3m/die; Mins: Lore 3, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Speed 6, DV -1)
- Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious, Stackable
- Duration: One scene
- Prerequisite Charms: Any Lore Excellency
- The Solar draws on her knowledge and experience to augment her mental faculties, allowing her to process, categorize, and store new information flawlessly.
- For each 3 motes committed to this Charm, the Solar effectively adds one to her Intelligence in any context where an Excellency could augment it; thus, for example, it cannot assist rolls related to Sorcery. This counts as a dice bonus from Charms, and does not increase the Solar's dice cap in any way. Additionally, this Charm cannot increase the Solar's Intelligence by more than her Essence.
- At Essence 5, this Charm's duration changes to Indefinite.
- Cost: ???; Mins: Linguistics 3, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
- Keywords: Combo-OK, Social
- Duration: Instant
- Prerequisite Charms: Sagacious Reading of Intent
- The Solar engages in a contested roll of her (Perception+Linguistics) against the target's (Manipulation+Socialize); the target may substitute other pools with an appropriate stunt. Success allows the Solar to learn the target's emotional bearing on whatever matter he is paying attention to. Threshold successes may allow deeper insight, with sufficient successes granting the ability to see the target's thoughts as if they were written on his face.
- Situational modifiers may apply to the roll if the target's face or body language are obscured, completely immobile, or influenced by forces unknown to the Solar.
Currently under development.
The Art of <...>Edit
Utility-level things, the equivalent of Astrology's chart-making. Completely normal here, move along.
Evoking flame, dousing with water, and so forth.
Combinations of two Apprentice-level procedures, with raised difficulty. Possibly more powerful evocations.
Combinations of three or more Apprentice-level procedures, with difficulty rising for larger combinations. Possibly more powerful evocations.
Sapphire Circle Spell: Sorcerous Transcendence of <Art>Edit
- Cost: 20m (10m committed)
- Target: The caster or one portable object
This spell imbues the target with a thaumaturgical motonic phase-reversal construct as a Shaping effect. As long as the caster has access to this construct and maintains the mote commitment, she may take a Speed 5 Miscellaneous action to invoke a procedure she knows in <Art>, with normal expenditure of motes and the normal activation roll. Botches tend to have deleterious effects, and failed rolls waste motes; additionally, given the rushed nature of the thaumaturgy involved, the exact effects may vary from those intended.
Effective countermagic will disrupt the construct and end this spell and its mote commitment.