Age of Sigmar/Tactics/Chaos
| This article is bad and may or may not require deleting. Comment on the article's talk page.|
Reason: Everything else was given its own page, so there's no reason for this one to exist.
For when you want to play the grand alliance Chaos so you can pick and choose across the entire chaotic range.
From the Core Book 2018. Available to any army taking Chaos allegiance (instead of a faction).
Unbridled Malice: Roll a dice when you choose a Chaos unit to fight in the Combat Phase; if it is within 12" of your general (or within 3" of another HERO from your army). If the result is a six or more, then that unit gains +1 to all hit rolls for that phase.
General picks one of the following:
- Dark Avenger: General gains +1 to hit against ORDER units. Obviously a very situational ability, only useful if you’re fighting Order factions and if your General is made for combat.
- Spiteful Duellist: General gets one wound reroll when attacking.
- Cunning Deceiver: Each turn, on a 5+ get an additional command point.
- Lord of War: No, not that kind of "Lord of War". Choose a friendly CHAOS unit within 3" and roll a dice. On a 4+ that unit gains +1 to hit until the next hero phase.
- Terrifying Presence: Enemy units are at -1 Bravery while within 3" of this general.
- Malicious Conqueror: At +1 to the result of Unbridled Malice rolls while within 12" of the general.
Artefacts of ChaosEdit
A hero gets one of the following:
- Daemon Weapon: Pick a melee weapon belonging to the model, when that weapon rolls a 6+ to wound it will inflict a mortal wound in addition to any damage it would normally do.
- Chaos Runeblade: You get +1 attack for one of the model's close combat weapons.
- Beguiling Gem: Once per battle you can pick one model within 3" in the Combat Phase, they are at -1 to hit for the rest of the phase.
- Chaos Talisman: You get a 6+ save against Mortal Wounds, gaining a +1 to the save if it was inflicted by an ORDER model.
- Favour of the Gods: Model gets +1 Wound
- Crown of Conquest: Friendly CHAOS units do not have to take battleshock tests while they are within 6" of the bearer. Simple & effective, especially for mixed Skaven armies which live or die by battleshock.
As Chaos allegiance, you can only take the following as battleline.
*Ungors: Relatively weak beastmen whose main role is to act as sacrificial fodder for their Great Bray Shamans, though they can be a threat if you bring enough of them. Definitely consider bringing them with spears if you’re doing a Slaanesh focused army.
*Bloodletters: Khorne’s edgy bois.
*Pink Horrors of Tzeentch: Tzeentch’s ever multiplying hordes.
*Daemonettes: Slaanesh’s whores. Easily one of the fastest units out there. They will hit hard, but won’t last long thanks to their frail defenses.
*Plaguebearers: Nurgle’s grandchildren. Hard to kill and slow moving.
*Clanrats: The verminous swarms act as cheap chaff to tar pit enemies, though without Skaventide abilities, they don’t get any additional benefits to their larger numbers. They can be equipped with either Rusty Blades or Rusty Spears. For units of 40, definitely take the spears.
*Chaos Warriors: With reliable durability, damage, and just plain cool models, these guys are arguably a must have for any Chaos army.
The Slaves to Darkness start collecting is a great buy, even if you intent to build a mono god force. Also consider the Beasts of Chaos box set as well, cause you can’t go wrong with giant monsters.
If you wanna go with a specific god in mind, then any of the respective Start Collecting Daemon boxes are also good, but then again you’re better off just fielding them as that specific allegiance rather than this.
|Age of Sigmar Tactics Articles|